Monday, 29 July 2013

Magic Moment - Baby Smiles

One of the things I love about breastfeeding is the sheer gratitude my four month old baby expresses to me for what only I can give him.  There's the little smile, encouraging me, eyes alight, when I say "Do you want some milk" and he sees me starting to get ready.  Then, there is either the contented sleep that he sinks into in such bliss when he has finished his feed or - more and more now as he gets older - the little coo and warm smile that says, "Thank you, mummy, that was just what I needed".  And I think, "Thank you, my little man, that smile is just what I needed too!"

6 comments:

  1. Hi Nicola, lovely post :)
    For some weird reason my blog doesn't let me comment on my own posts, so I gave up and came to comment on yours :)
    Just wanted to say - first of all - GOOD LUCK! I absolutely hate eye-doctor days, so I really am keeping my fingers crossed for you. If you do get the tinted glasses, can you please tell me how Charlie is doing with them. The advisor wants us to ask for ones for Yon, so will be in your shoes (minus 3 kids...) come October...
    Thanks for your lovely comment about my blog :) I guess you are right - we just have to continue to speak (or write in this instance)!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Nicola this is such a lovely post, thank you for linking up with #MagicMoments xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great concept! Thanks for providing the platform.

      Delete
  4. Lovely post breastfeeding can be so rewarding xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I've always been glad I persevered through the early difficulties with my first child. It's such a precious time.

      Delete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.