Thursday, 26 September 2013

Health & House - #R2BC

Today I am definitely feeling cheerful...  That is reason enough to be cheerful in someways, since I have not 'felt' cheerful for a quite a while - Happy?  Yes, that.  Content?  Mostly.  Blessed?  Always.  Cheerful?  Not so much.

I think the main reason I am feeling cheerful is all my children are well today!  They are back at school and playgroup, and I have great hopes that perhaps next week we will actually complete the week without at least one of them being off sick.  This, I think is one of the times I am most aware of having 5 children.  You just get one of them well, and the next one is down with something.  Miss A said to me yesterday on her quarantine day at home after sickness, "You never get sick do you, mummy?"  And I am most grateful to say it is true, at least rarely.  I get sniffles, but never the flu.  I feel run down, but never get sick.  The one time I had a migraine and was temporarily unable to move it freaked my husband out so much he called an ambulance (not such a big deal in the FI, they didn't have anything else to do that night!).  Since I am so rarely ill myself, I'm afraid I have limited patience with nursing others, so it is a great joy to me when all my family are fit and healthy - in addition to just being pleased for them, of course!

My second reason for being cheerful is the great House Tidy has begun... again...  It's been put on hold due to the various illnesses - especially because of the extra washing and work that's been required.  The house will never be completely tidy, but I have great hopes that in the next weeks - yes weeks - I will be able to create some kind of order in our lives.  I have begun - with a little help from Miss A - and that makes me feel cheerful indeed.

 

 These two spaces - the back hall and the conservatory (children's playroom) are as far as we have got, but it's a start...!

What are your Reasons to be Cheerful today?

20 comments:

  1. Glad to hear everyone is feeling better. Well done on your big clear up, it looks like you've done well so far :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's definitely a work in progress. I hoped to do the kitchen today but decided to blog instead! Whoops...

      Delete
  2. Glad all the kiddos have recovered and well. Must be hard having to nurse them all.
    Looks like the clean up has started well. I have a a big clean up / house change coming up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is hard work, especially when you've just finished washing and scrubbing up after one episode, and then the next one is throwing up. Lovely ;) Good luck with your house clean up!

      Delete
  3. I need to do the house tidy thing too and am going to rope my husband in next week when he will be out of work so in need of something to do or that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. Admire you managing 5 children.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a good idea to include husband if you can - the work goes faster with two, after all ;) My husband looks slightly alarmed when tasked with something domestic, and usually decides to head outside to cut the grass or chop wood to appease me instead!

      Delete
  4. You've certainly been busy, despite everyone being ill! Glad they're all on the mend and I can sympathise with you. The joys of school-age children sharing bugs etc. I've had it with just 4, and now I have 5 I'm expecting it even worse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always busy - very rarely accomplish anything! I wonder if our biggest problem with bugs is that we've moved around so much the kids haven't got a local immunity built up! Nice to see a fellow mum of 5, and in Wales too!

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear everyone is better! I've been ill and the housework has... kind of... built up lol. I'm half way there now though - a tidy house is always a good reason to be cheerful :) x

    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I telll myself the housework builds up because children / husband are around and need entertaining (and create mess). It's true, but I'm also just lazy and hate having to constantly tidy and clean the same spaces! It does make me so happy to have tidy zones, though.

      Delete
  6. Ohh i love a good house clean! Well when i can manage it, but good on you with all that going on too! My sister in law has 4 kids and they have fallen like flies the past 2 days one after the other now all 3 are off school and the toddler as caught up with the rest oh dear! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your poor sister. It's hard work when they're all ill. I couldn't get to sleep last night so got up at 11.30pm and decided to be productive and clean the kitchen - until about 1am! Madness, but lovely to wake up to a gleaming kitchen.

      Delete
  7. So glad they are back to health! Your house progress gives me hope :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clear up has stalled... Although I did do a manic kitchen clean in the middle of the night - I like to be productive on my rare bouts of insomnia!

      Delete
  8. How nice to meet s fellow mummy of lots! So with you on the house tidy (aaagggh) hope it's a well week and I will be back to ask chicken questions. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be quite a few of us 'mummy of lots' in Blogland... You're a bit more experienced than me, though! Happy to answer chicken questions - ours are mostly spoiled escapologists, so not sure how good my answers would be!

      Delete
  9. Long may it continue! I am impressed by your house decluttering too, whenever I start on mine we end up with a big pile of toys and plastic bits (odd bits of lego etc) over the floor and I wish we'd never started!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much our situation too! I've only managed those two rooms so far - I have some 'before' pictures of all the rooms in the house so I can say 'Look what I've achieved', but I may have to just post those first to motivate me to do the 'after' post as soon as I can ;)

      Delete
  10. Ohh I really love clearing out and cleaning up. Sorry I did not stop by last weekend, Miss M ended up breaking her elbow so we spent my blogging time at A&E! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the positive spin you put on that in your post. I hope she's feeling okay and enjoying the sympathy of her new friends..

      Delete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.