Monday, 30 September 2013

Magic Moments - Exploring & Growing

I captured this moment while exploring the little stream at the bottom of our garden with Miss C.  I love the way the light has made her white hair into a halo!


And this moment was caught by Miss A playing with my camera in the car while we waited for Daddy at the supermarket. Such a cheeky little smile.
 










Both moments speak to me of the preciousness of these early days of life, exploring, learning, growing.  So often I speed from one thing to the next, hurrying us all around, and I forget to pause and treasure the moments like this.  I forget that my babies will not always be small and innocent like this.  It's lovely to have the photos to look back on, but I don't want to miss the moments as they come.




18 comments:

  1. Aww love the little pic that Miss A took - very arty and brilliant capture of the blue eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how easy it is for the kids to take great pictures with my ipod!

      Delete
  2. love reading your blog nic but it also miss my grandchildren more . not long now until i see you all lv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet blog, reminds me of when LO was little...and you are so right, enjoy the moment, photos are great (and yours is adorable) but it's the here and now that you have to take hold off and grab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It can be so hard to be in the moment, but I find looking into the baby's eyes helps!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. They are aren't they? He always looks surprised like that!

      Delete
  5. I love it when small things remind us to slow down and enjoy the view! Great #magicmoment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. It's so easy to rush on passed.

      Delete
  6. awww what a lovely post. I am guilty too for speeding past things and missing them. You certainly got these well captured :-)

    Thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have my photos as my screen saver and they remind me to take a look around me now.

      Delete
  7. Love the moments that remind us to slow down and appreciate it all! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too. It's almost as if suddenly things become real.

      Delete
  8. Such truth in your words. Having the photos to jog the memory back is great, but enjoying and living in the actual moment is what it's all about. That's what makes a real memory. Popping over from #magicmoments

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.