Thursday, 24 October 2013

#R2BC - Many joys

This week I have so many great moments to celebrate.

Friday was a lovely day - but I wrote about that already on my Of Horses and Haircuts and Leaves and Chickens post...

Saturday was Miss I's birthday.  We'd been fairly nervous about the whole enterprise since we were holding it at home and the original six guests had grown to ten, which was rather daunting.  However, it was a wonderful time - I think I enjoyed it as much as the children did.  We put a film on in the conservatory (after a lot of work blocking out the light and praying for dark clouds - sorry anyone who lives locally!) and then sent a steady stream of snacks in to be consumed - we didn't get round to the sweets and chocolate mini rolls, so that was a bonus.  After the film I set the girls up with card making while Husband supervised a couple of games of Twister and fielded questions about Mr M (note to self, always include a small baby in a Birthday Party to entertain the guests).  We just managed to fit in a game of pass the parcel and cut the birthday cake - made by me with a little help from those all in one mixes and some sugar roses - before the parents arrived.

Sunday was a lovely day of rest.  Enough said. ;)

Monday night was a Speaker and Supper event in the village.  There is something so special about the community getting together to eat together.  The food was fabulous - a seriously tasty chilli followed by a series of gorgeous puddings, all provided for free by our neighbours.  The speaker was also excellent - and as this ties in with my #R2BC last week, I was delighted to hear her speaking again, seeing the passion and heart that she has...  Sorry, folks, unless you were there, you're still staying in the dark!!!


Tuesday we got the photos back that were taken by the school photographer.  I'd managed to get all five of mine to pose together - even Mr M who was screaming his little heart out.  A quick finger in the mouth (very Princess Di, I know), swiftly whipped out of sight and we got a lovely picture.  I think we've got a nicer one taken by Aunty G from a few months ago, but it's certainly worth getting.

Wednesday was the School Assembly I wrote about yesterday.  The morning also involved a bit of retail therapy in Homebase using my Love2Shop vouchers, and I was really chuffed to find a recipe book holder as my special treat as well as a 50 piece drill bit set - I know, the glamour...  (For those who were advising me to squander my winnings on handbags and the like, you'll be pleased to know I'd already picked up what the Husband calls my Chav Bag in the sales).  And, having carefully avoided all references to the GBBO final, I was able to sit down in the evening and enjoy one of my TV indulgences on the iplayer.  I really think the best person won... but I won't spoil it if you've not watched yet.

So, it has been all together a really quite wonderful week for me.  What are your Reasons to Be Cheerful today?  It's great to celebrate when life is good, and it's even better to look for things to celebrate when it's not so good.



Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart


16 comments:

  1. That really does sound like a lovely week, no wonder sunday was a restful day, saturday sounds manic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week. Birthday party sounds so well-planned and a day of rest afterwards just perfect. Commenting for myself @kateonthinice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fabulous reasons there! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking for Blue Sky24 October 2013 at 19:45

    That does sound like a lovely week - and I really LOVE the idea of a community meal x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esther @insideoabout24 October 2013 at 21:37

    What a lovely party idea! I love homey ones - they're what I always had as a child and plan on doing for mine. Community meal sounds wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh a busy week sounds lots of fun though

    ReplyDelete
  7. The autumn is shaping up to be particularly special this year - not sure why, just lots of lovely weeks so far.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surprised at how calm the party was really, since most of the planning took place the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. It's been a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The community meals are always a highlight for me - especially since I'm a city girl originally. I really love village life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm relieved that people locally don't go in for spectacular birthdays for the most part, so the pressure is off and you can have a nice party at home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The busy weeks are usually the best for me - I hate to be sitting around not doing much, though it makes it hard to keep up with the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jocelyn (@ihavecards)26 October 2013 at 13:44

    That does sound like a wonderful week, and jam-packed with events! Glad you all had fun at the birthday party, too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lovely week and I enjoy the community getting together too, this is new for me since we moved a couple of months ago and I'm really appreciating it. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Busy but lots of fun. I don't think I could have managed without Grandma being here, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was anxious about coming back to the UK because I'd got used to the communities we'd been part of. I was so pleased when we moved into a friendly village.

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.