Monday, 7 October 2013

Silence

The house is silent - apart from the tapping of the computer keys.  Miss I and Mr M are fast asleep, Husband is back to work after a week off being underfoot (I love you really...) and the older three are at school.  I don't think I have had silence in the house for... no, I can't remember the last time the house was silent.

I know I should be doing so many things... there are rooms to be tidied and jobs to be done.  I even have some things I want to watch on the iplayer.  But right now, I am going to step outside into the garden and do something I so rarely get to do... Sit down in silence and enjoy it.




13 comments:

  1. Enjoy the silence whilst you can Nicola. There is nothing more satisfying than the sound of silence! J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way is the Baileys bottle in the top right hand corner any contribution to the children's slumber!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me! I wondered if anyone would notice it... Will you believe me if I tell you it's actually being used as a vase?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn (@ihavecards)7 October 2013 at 15:47

    Oh, I don't blame you - have that moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orli, Just Breathe7 October 2013 at 16:50

    It's really not fair that I am reading this at 4:50pm when the last thing I have in this house is quiet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I enjoyed a quiet wander in the garden by myself (except for the chickens). Didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If it makes you feel any better, Miss I woke up screaming 'Biscuit' at me, and then we had to head out to a very noisy after school club I help with, followed by coming home to lots of shouting over food and chivving to bed. All quiet again now, though (7.30pm)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh silence!! What's that? lol Hope you enjoyed it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, I did! Although I really had to force myself to just be still.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you did get to enjoy that silence Nicola!


    thanks for linking up with #MagicMoments x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Silence-where can I order me some of that? Hope you enjoyed yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was lovely while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's pretty hard to find, I know!

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.