Thursday, 17 October 2013

Something new... #R2BC

Ever had one of those moments when you suddenly realise you're the person who needs to step up to the plate and take a swing to get something moving?  A moment of revelation?

Tuesday night I went to a meeting with a friend - I won't say about what, although if things go to plan I'm sure you'll all be hearing about it in the not too distant future.  I wasn't really sure why, but I'd felt I should go, so I did.

As I listened to the other women talking, I was analysing and thinking of solutions and options for what they were saying.  I'd decided to keep my mouth shut and just listen because I didn't feel I had much to contribute.  Anyone who knows me will know it's not an easy thing for me to do...  And it didn't last long.  I found myself making suggestions out loud, trying to clarify some points that I felt were getting confused and generally getting involved.  All the while I felt God tapping me on the shoulder - This is something you could help with, I felt him say.  No matter how much I tried to dismiss the thought - I'm the least qualified, I'm too busy, I don't have the contacts needed, I'm not sure why I'm here anyway - I grew more and more certain.

Then, one of the ladies said: "I'm very interested to know who is the person who is going to take this forward."  She glanced around the room with a smile and looked at me.  "Nicola." she said.  It wasn't a question.


She had no reason to suggest me.  She didn't know me at all.  She didn't know what was going through my mind.

I laughed.  It was the final connection for me at that moment, like the final connector in a circuit that makes the light come on.  I'm still praying about it, still wondering if this is really something for me to get involved with.  But I'm pretty sure it is.

It could be the beginning of a very interesting new time in my life.  That's a very good Reason to Be Cheerful.

When I got home it was very late.  I headed pretty much straight to bed after a quick explanation and a quick kiss to Husband who was watching a film.  I wasn't going to sleep though, I sat down with Bible and note book and pencil and started making some notes.

A short while later Husband came up to bed.  He looked at me with an affectionate smile.  "What?" I asked.  "Nothing," he said, still smiling.  After a bit of pressing, he said.  "It just reminds me of when I first met you," he said.  "It's what I fell in love with."

And that's another very good Reason to Be Cheerful!

Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

12 comments:

  1. oh bless him, what a lovely thing for your hubby to say, it sounds like you are at the start of an exciting journey, best of luck to you :-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope whatever it is, turns out to be a success. As for your husband.....what a beautiful thing to say x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Wasn't it lovely of him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It quite took my breath away! Very sweet of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh good luck! your husband says wonderful things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh I'm all tingly reading that, what a great night you had. Good luck with this new and exciting project. God never gets it wrong. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! He has his moments... usually he's teasing me, so it made a pleasant change!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, you will just have to wait and see ;) It's all very new so I'm holding it close a while longer. It was lovely to be reminded that he values my enthusiasm for things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're absolutely right, God never gets it wrong - I on the other hand ocassionally hear incorrectly, so I'm taking cautious steps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wise move, I often get it wrong too, it is a real gift to be in tune with Him. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes me want to know so much more and have had a similar comment from my husband before. We can lose ourselves a bit sometimes. Hope whatever it is is putting you right back on track. Actually @kateonthinice commenting

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is very easy to loose yourself, and it's those moments that remind you what you were made for - helps to have a supportive partner in life!

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.