Thursday, 14 November 2013

#R2BC Life!!


Yesterday was our Anniversary.  I wrote on Facebook:

"Nine years... seven homes... five children... oh and don't forget the six chickens..."

And that kind of sums up our marriage: lots of adventure, lots of chaos and lots of love.

I was really pleased to have some of my friends join in with their own range of significant numbers.  It made me feel part of a bigger picture some how.

We don't do very much to celebrate our anniversary - we've never wanted to put that kind of pressure on ourselves - we simply take moments during the day to enjoy each other's company.  The children, however, had prepared a series of pictures and cards as a special surprise which was very sweet of them.  I feel so blessed to have my husband and my family.

And of course, it provides me with an opportunity to share more gratuitous pictures of our wedding day.

Yesterday was also the start of a new Alpha Course I'm attending.  You might wonder why, with a degree in Theology, I would want to study the basics of Christianity - and actually I'm there mostly to help with the discussions.  But it is valuable to be reminded of the basis of my belief and I was so blessed yesterday to talk again about the simple historical facts about Jesus.  My faith is very personal, my relationship with God very real to me, but it is important to me that it is based on facts - that there was a human being called Jesus who walked the earth over two thousand years ago, something I understand there is more evidence for than any other contemporary figure.  I also enjoy the opportunity to talk with like-minded people about the nature of God, about the world, about people, about ourselves.  I am looking forward to my Wednesday mornings immensely.

Finally, I am grateful that #R2BC is continuing.  I love to read the other blogs that link up, and see how often people are looking at difficult situations with a positive eye because of this idea.  I hope you'll check some of the others out as well.


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 9 years of marriage, it's so nice to read x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from @kateonthinice on your anniversary and some beautiful pics too.
    Faith helps so much in challenging times

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! what beautiful photos thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!

    Lovely pics :)



    http://mumx3x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking for Blue Sky14 November 2013 at 18:50

    "Lots of adventure, lots of chaos and lots of love" That sounds like a recipe for lots of great memories. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. It really is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. Looking back now seems a long time ago - so much has happened since that day. I've not actually done Alpha before, so it's nice that it's fresh for me, even if the actual subject aren't.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, these are a couple of my favourites of those photos that don't show Husband's face - which he objects to online. Faith certainly does help when things are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you. It seems a lot longer - in a good way - because of everything that has happened in those 9 years.

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.