Sunday, 1 December 2013

My Picture: His Words #2




“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11v28-30(NIV)





I have had a very busy couple of weeks, full of activities and projects.  Some of you may consider me a pretty busy person generally - with five children to watch grow and develop - but that's simply normal chaos.  Yet, in the midst of this extra busy-ness I have been concious of an extra grace on my life.  Things that I expected to be complicated and time consuming - like manipulating the formating on a document, which has been known to take frustrating hours in the past - have come together within minutes.  I had wondered if I was crazy to take on a new major project, but this last few days I feel very much the truth of this promise Jesus made.  He has made it easy.  There has still been work to do - he doesn't promise complete rest - but it feels light on my shoulders, because I have given the weight of it all to Him.  Now, if only I can learn to do this in all areas of my life I will truly be as serene as the Swan some people have compared me to in the past!

I'm linking up with Mummy from the Heart again, go and have a look at her picture and inspiration for learning to trust. 


5 comments:

  1. And that's what it's like walking with God - the busyness doesn't disappear but giving it over to God makes it feel 'lighter'. A beautiful thing to remember :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nic, a wonderful reminder to hand it all over to Him and when we do we are richly rewarded. Yes, if only we could do it in all areas of life. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  3. so important to remember - thank you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orli, Just Breathe5 December 2013 at 14:03

    I wish I had that. That complete belief, that ability to let go and to put your trust is someone else's hands. I think it;s a beautiful thing and a great ability. One which I lack, and sometimes wish I didn't.
    Am still waiting to hear all about your new project though. Have not forgotten you are keeping secrets! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry! Check my #R2BC post and all will be revealed - well, not all but some! I am very fortunate to have the belief I have - it is the only thing that keeps my head above water at times. It's also usually what makes my life exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Long or short - I love to hear your thoughts.